Sunday, September 29, 2013

Coffee Mug Moratorium

I'm short on substance today. Long on platitudes: have a great day, pay it forward, smile, be the change you want to see, etc.

But I do have a random observation. Aren't there already enough coffee mugs in the world? I bet there are at least three in existence for every person in the United States. That would be around a billion, which seems about right. I think we should halt all manufacturing of coffee mugs and merely recycle the ones that are out there. Go to your local thrift store and pay a quarter each for mugs and give them as Christmas gifts to all of your friends and family. Include an assortment of teabags, homemade hot chocolate mix or favorite coffee.

That's it. No further observation or deep thought. Well, except that the billion coffee-mugs-out-there figure is totally made up, like probably half (also a figure I just made up) the stuff I've seen on Facebook this week. So, there is that.

 Please be honest. Make an effort to not spread lies and rumors. That's my other platitude for the day. (But I'm serious about recycling mugs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment