Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gratitude

I am grateful today. Grateful for my family and friends. For living in a community where I feel safe and in a country where I am free. For health and joy. For life and love.

My son-in-law wrecked his car this week. When someone pulled out in front of him on the highway, John managed to avoid a three-car pile up even though it sent his vehicle spinning down the road before flying off of an embankment, totaling his car. He's sore and bruised and whiplash hasn't been ruled out (he was wearing his seatbelt; it broke), but he walked away, and in fact, within an hour of the incident he was on stage at our local community theatre performing the lead role in "Willy Wonka," the musical.

As I reflect on the ups and downs of life, the what ifs and the big picture view...I am grateful. My blessings are many.

No comments:

Post a Comment